The Royal Wulff is such a cool little fly.
It’s a historical beauty too, dating back to the early 1920s. Arguably made famous by Lee Wulff, it’s a modified version of the original Royal Coachman and is the definition of a true attractor fly pattern.
- Hook: size 12-16 dry fly; TMC 100
- Thread: black 8/0 Uni or UTC 70
- Tail: moose hair
- Body: peacock herl and red floss
- Wings: dyed blond elk hair
- Hackle: brown dry fly hackle
- Set up your fly tying vise
- Fix the hook in the vise's jaw
- Push play on the video tutorial